When a Travis Scott x Jordan Brand shoe drops, sneakerheads need to act fast. The kicks typically sell out at retail within a few hours, winding up on the resale market for hundreds of dollars more than face value.
One fan of Scott’s, frustrated by the quick sell-out, took to Instagram this weekend to voice their concerns.
More from Footwear News
- Travis Scott's Air Jordan 6 Has Sold Out, But Here's How You Can Still Get Them
- All the Raffles to Enter for the Buzzy Travis Scott x Air Jordan 6 Sneaker
- Travis Scott's Highly Anticipated Air Jordan 6 May Finally Be Released This Week
“Many true fans of Travis, including myself, have been burned repeatedly just trying to buy the shoes our favorite artist designed. We worked hard for the hundreds of dollars that his shoes cost…Yet the only people that actually get the shoes are resellers using devices to cheat the system,” read the post, made by an account called @astro.travy. “They raise the price double or triple the amount, sell them and keep the money they made. This process keeps the real fans from getting any shoes at any drop.”
The post found its way to Scott himself, who responded: “Ur voice won’t go unheard.”
The complaint came in response to the latest sold-out collab between the “Astroworld” rapper and Jordan Brand: the Travis Scott x Air Jordan 6, which dropped Friday. Originally priced at $250, the shoe is now reselling on StockX.com for $600 and up. Scott’s next sneaker is rumored to be an Air Force 1, with a drop date in November.
Tyga Poses in Travis Scott’s Air Jordan Sneakers — and Twitter Goes Wild
Travis Scott Models Unreleased Nike Air Force 1s Inspired by This Classic Nike Basketball Shoe
Travis Scott Gifts Fan Unreleased Nike Air Force 1 Collaboration at the Made In America Festival
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time